F-gas Regulation Audit
The European Union’s F-gas Regulation No 842/2006 became law on 4 July 2006. Do you understand the relevance of this legislation for your company?
Here’s a sample of what is expected from all commercial users of air conditioning and refrigeration equipment :-
“New legal requirements to work on F Gas systems”
Operators (defined as the people or organisations that have actual power over the technical functioning of the equipment) are now legally responsible to ensure that:
- Any leaks are repaired as soon as possible by certified personnel
- Refrigerant recovery is carried out by certified personnel during servicing and disposal
- Leak checks are carried out by certified personnel using a specific leak check procedure
- Only certified personnel carry out installation, service or maintenance work
- Records of usage of refrigerants and of servicing are filled in by certified personnel
- The charge size of their equipment is recorded. If it is not already known it must be calculated by certified personnel.”
Ref: The Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Industry Board http://www.acrib.org.uk
Is it about time you did an audit of how well, or otherwise, you are complying with the F-Gas European legislation? If you think so, please contact me without further delay to arrange a convenient appointment to discuss this.